Closed
New Poll

Formal Shutdown
Ryo
 Posted: Dec 12 2013, 11:07 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin

Credits: 930

Yes, I know. This sucks. It pains me to do this, but it's for the best. However, there is a reason for it and this is the best choice of action, and I will explain here why.

For those who don't know, Fate/Distorted Memoria was founded as a means for those on Magus Wars (another Fate RP where Nick, Seii, and I were all mods) to continue having fun and RPing when Magus Wars simply could not run due to the admin's lack of activity. It was founded to get away from that.

For the last....month, month and a half, I had to take something of an absence leave from the site due to my school work load massively spiking, in order to get into a game design project. I have indeed gotten in, and will be one of the programmers for the game being built. That being said, I predict my entire semester come January will be very much like the the time off I took this semester. I do not think I will have the time to fully run the site as I wish to, like I did when the site was first founded in September. Now, normally, I would just do for the next semester what I did do for this break; put the mods as primaries and put myself as a secondary staff member on the site.

However, as I'm sure many of the members are aware, nothing genuinely got done during that time. Both of the primary moderators, Seii and Nick, were also held up by obligations offline and could not get everything done that needed to be done. As well, there were many things that required my attention, which I could not give. Thus, aside from posting (and I am grateful to everybody for continuing to have fun and RP while the paperwork was on hold), nothing happened on the site and when I returned, there was at least a month's worth of work needing to be done.

Imagine how much worse that would get if I decided to keep the site going, and let the same thing happen over the course of four-five months? Not a pretty sight, or site, and it's eerily reminiscent of something I described before: Magus Wars. I don't want the site to become just like Magus Wars did in its final months. It would basically mean all our effort and work to get away and build a better site was for nothing, and that the very meaning of the site was a lie.

I would rather be straight forward about it then let the matter just hang over everybody's heads without being addressed. This is not a decision I make lightly, nor is it one I'm making on my own. I've discussed this with the other staff to ensure we are all in agreement about the best course of action, and they too think that given everybody's circumstances this is the best thing to do.

Thus, as head admin, I am formally declaring that Fate/Distorted Memoria is shut down as of this post. I will leave the site up in case people wish to refer back to things, or back up their applications, but everything is going to be made Read Only. It's been fun everybody~
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll