Fate/Distorted Memoria

Add Reply
New Poll

Luck of the Irish, Take Two [Cu Chulainn]
Bazett Fraga McRemitz
 Posted: Nov 7 2013, 08:39 PM

Group: Master

Credits: 45

It was in the basement of the Tohsaka Mansion that Bazett would make her second attempt to summon him. She inscribed a summoning circle of all the Runes to produce the strongest summoning circle she could, the jeweled silver earrings hanging from her ears as she did so. Rin was kind enough to allow her to perform the summoning there, out of the potential eyes of Shirou. Plus, she had also allowed her to use this basement to produce the extra Fragarach shots. It was certainly nice having people around who were willing to help her in this very unusual time in her life.

"The circle is the same as before, and I still have the catalyst.....the equation is the same, so the result should be the same....right?" a bit of worry seeped into her voice, but she shook off the doubt and continued with her preparations. If the equation was the same, and the variables were the same, then the result would be the same. That's basic logic, and she would allow that to carry her through the rest of this. The circle was completed, and she removed the earrings from her ears and set them in the center of the circle.

"These earrings, passed down the Fraga line, will be the guide to bring him here..." the Enforcer thought aloud, stepping outside the bounds of the circle. She took one last breath before sending her prana into the runes and beginning the incantation, one she memorized a year and a half prior and still knew now.

"Silver and iron to the origin. Gem and the archduke of contracts to the cornerstone. The ancestor is my great master Schweinorg. The alighted wind becomes a wall. The gates in the four directions close, coming from the crown, the three-forked road that leads to the kingdom circulate," she knew it was very much a Tohsaka-made incantation, but it served her needs and she did not feel a need to change it. It accomplished its purpose last time, and it would do so again.

"Shut. Shut. Shut. Shut. Shut. Repeat every five times. Simply, shatter once filled.

Therefore, your self is under me, and my fate is in your sword. In accordance with the approach of the Holy Grail, if you abide by this feeling, this reason, then answer.

Here is my oath. I am the one who becomes all the good of the world of the dead, I am the one who lays out all the evil of the world of the dead.

You, seven heavens clad in three words of power, arrive from the ring of deterrence, O keeper of the balance ―――!"
PM
^
Cu Chulainn
 Posted: Nov 7 2013, 10:04 PM

Group: Servant

Credits: 35

Life in the Throne of Heroes was dull. It couldn't even be truly called life, in more ways than one. His "existence," if it really could be called that, was extremely limited. He was aware, to an extent, and the events of his life were recorded with exacting scrutiny. If he was the contemplative sort, it might even be a heaven. But Cu Chulainn was never a truly contemplative sort, and the limits placed on him discouraged that even more.

Besides, it wasn't as if his life was all that special. Sure, it was never boring, but he wasn't going to hold it up as something unusual or worthy of praise. He had fun, got into fights, and died young. That was really all there was to it, and he could never complain. It was what he had chosen, and he was content.

The records of the former war were present as well, the one he'd made a decent enough showing in. The facts were there, but they were immaterial to him. And he would forget them anyway, his nature as a Hero could never be allowed to change, not where the Throne was concerned. He was too valuable.

It was then that his spirit felt a tug, and he experienced something close to, but not quite, surprise. Soon enough, he was possessed by something resembling glee. While it was true that spirits were possessed of the power to refuse the call to fight, even if their particular identity was called by a catalyst, Cu found it unthinkable that any spirit would pass up the chance to live in their old glory. Screw wishes, screw regrets, he had the chance to fight! And there was no way he was going to pass that up.

A light shines in the Tohsaka basement, a bright red, then blue. As he steps through the threshold, the Heroic Spirit finds himself in existence once more. A thrill runs through him, and he lets out a loud shout of excitement as feeling and emotion returns to him, heedless of Bazett's desire to remain relatively secret. "Woo! Damn does that feel better!"

It's been too long since he could see things, hear things, smell, touch taste...it was great being alive. Experiencing the sensations of life is enough to occupy him for a good few moments, but after that gets old, he decides to look around. Just then, the information of the Grail War enters him, just as it did a scant few years ago, even though he himself has no recollection on it. He was a Servant, in the service of a Master, a magi who summoned him to fight on his behalf. Nothing too unusual, it'd be just like old times, when he served as a knight. So long as the Master didn't act too overbearing, they'd get along fine.

Seeing a woman standing in front of the circle, Cu Chulainn withdraws his lance, the weapon he had only used to take people important to himself. The weapons fate would be changed in this war, and for the better. "Oi there. I'm the Servant, Lancer. Called by the Holy Grail to fight for my Master. Are you the one I'm supposed to listen to?" Cu grins wide. "I hope you are. The information I got made me expect some wizened old fogey. It'd be a pleasant surprise!"
PM
^
Bazett Fraga McRemitz
 Posted: Nov 8 2013, 10:19 AM

When the blue-clad figure appeared in the circle, a wave of relief fell over Bazett. She recognized this figure from before to be the same Servant she first summoned. The rune circle lost its glow and then fizzled away, only having intended to be temporary to begin with. A small part of her had hopes that he would remember what happened before, but the information she had about how the Servants functioned told her otherwise. Still, with how irregular this war was, she allowed that hope to remain.

His words dashed those hopes quite expertly. He asked if she was her Master, with no sense of recognition and mentioning something about 'expecting a wizened old fog'. Well, it was at least a bittersweet result, as she would have a second chance. May be it was better that he didn't remember her, as he would not remember her failure. It was a fresh start in that regard, though she would have to go through that introduction again. Plus...she had to be one hundred percent sure it was him.

"I am your Master. My name is Bazett Fraga McRemitz, heir to the Fraga clan and current wielder of Fragarach," she spoke in her standard 'work mode' voice; confident, bold and to the point. She gave her name first to make sure he knew who she was and what to expect of her, and now in turn she would confirm her very high hopes about the Lancer's identity, "Lancer, I'm fairly certain of who you are, but I would like to ask just to make sure."

She took a pause as a 'flashback' played through her mind. "Can't you tell just by looking at that spear?" an annoying, sarcastic voice spoke in the back of her mind. She remembered his spear all too well; the pain she felt from it when it had pierced her heart was hard to forget. It hadn't happened in the real world, but in her coma dream sequence. It felt incredibly real to her though, and she resisted the urge to place her hand over her heart. There was no spear wound; there was no real pain. She forced the imagined pain out of her mind and focused back on the man before her.

"You are Cu Chulainn, the Child of Light, and wielder of the cursed spear Gae Bolg, are you not?"
PM
^
Cu Chulainn
 Posted: Nov 8 2013, 04:22 PM

The woman's silence was a bit of a surprise to him, but it didn't last very long. Some flash of indecision...but any thoughts of pursuing it were dashed as she began to explain just who and what she was. Letting out a whistle, his grin widens. "Fragarach, huh? Dad's dagger? Sheesh, magi today don't mess around!"

Leaning back on his spear as...Bazett, her name was, kept explaining, he felt a niggling sensation about her. It was as if he had seen her somewhere before...as if she was a part of his past. But that was impossible...she was not from his time, and his memories of their brief encounter in the last War were not a part of his memory. But...there was something...familiar about her.

As she kept speaking, he could have sworn he'd seen her wince. Unsure of what might have caused it, he decides to voice his concern. "Hey, hey now, is something the matter? You aren't sick or something, are you?" Relaxing when she asks her question, Cu lets out a laugh. "Yep, that'd be me. Glad to see I have a Master who can tell a strong Servant when she sees one, eh?"

Still, the old sense of remembrance was coming back. It wasn't anything about this time, or even about her specifically. Some aspects of her, at least...just seemed familiar. "...We've never met, have we?" Realizing how stupid the question must sound, he changes tact. "Maybe some ancestor or something? Sheesh, this is getting weird..." He'd keep this in mind...but he didn't expect any fruit to come out of it anytime soon.
PM
^
Bazett Fraga McRemitz
 Posted: Nov 12 2013, 02:42 PM

Bazett wasn't quite sure how to respond to Cu's question. Had they met before? Of course they had. However, the existence known as Cu Chulainn in the Throne of Heroes wouldn't know that. Such information about the previous war would contaminate his perfect existence and not be allowed to defile the preserved record. As far as she knew from the legends, there was nobody of the Fraga line mentioned, but that's as much as she could say. It was hard to say what caused this, and the uncertainty showed on her face.

"I...wish I could say for sure why you feel that way..." her response was very uncertain and very self-doubting, her gaze shifting to the floor as she thought for a moment. It took that moment for her to come to the conclusion that this was largely irrelevant and so she shook off that doubt. The information may have ended up somewhere, but either way it held no bearing on their current circumstances. Her expression returned to its previous state of confidence and resolve as she lifted her head to look back at the man before her.

"Regardless, I won't waste time explaining why you've been summoned, but there is something you should know about our current circumstances," the Enforcer began anew, deciding the best way to go now would be to tell him what was up that the Grail wouldn't tell him, "Right now, we are in alliance with another Master. Her name is Tohsaka Rin, and she is in command of two Servants; a Saber class that remained since the war a year and a half ago, and an Archer she summoned for this war. This means there is an eighth Servant, but it works to our advantage since she is an ally.

"As well..."
She took a moment to breathe and gather her thoughts. Now that she had explained the alliance in brief, her living arrangements had to be explained, "Due to some financial trouble, I'm currently residing in the home of another Magus. He was a Master in the previous war, but is not participating in this one, and by request of Miss Tohsaka we are to keep the current war a secret. So whenever we are there, you are to remain in spirit form. Do you have any questions, Lancer?"
PM
^
Cu Chulainn
 Posted: Nov 14 2013, 02:51 AM

Cu catches Bazett's hesitance off the bat. "...You...wish you knew? That's funny..." He mentions, but shrugs when she changes the subject. Something he could save for later, then. She seemed flustered, in a rush, and yet she masked it very well. His Master was an interesting sort of person, he thought. Which made what made her vaguely familiar to him all the more vexing a question.

"Right, Nothing more than the usual, I'd imagine." He says, in response to her refraining from explaining the whys of their little relationship. She wanted him to get the grail, he'd get to fight the people in her way. Easy-peasy. However, when she talks about something else, he perks up.

As she explains the situation, the blue-clad Servant lets out a whistle. "Well now, don't we have friends in high places. I'm not sure if I like that idea, though. If her goal is to win, she's probably just using us to whittle it down to the final stretch, then have both her Servants gang up on me. We might stand a better chance fighting it out on our own. After saying that, though, he grins, almost feral. "...But I kind of like the idea, now that I think of it. Sounds like a damn good fight."

When she explains the living arrangements, though, Lancer loses his anticipation in the midst of laughter. "Ha! You really are a Master after my own heart! Sheesh, this brings back all the times I had to sleep out in the rain or in the woods! Let's hope the financial trouble is a short-lived problem, eh?"

Forcing himself to calm down for his Master's sake, he nods. "Will do, will do. Keep out of sight, make sure this other Magus doesn't know what's going on." Frowning, Cu shakes his head. "How in the world does this joker really not know that the Grail War is going on right under his nose? Is he some kind of idiot, or just incompetent?" Cu shakes his head. "Nah, nevermind. That's not our problem. We've got a job to do, and it won't be us that muck it up." When she asks him if he has any questions, he gives a shrug, smiling. "When do we start?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll